Whether you’re gearing up for some spiritual warfare or want to avoid some bad energy in the office, your choice in jewelry says a lot.
And sometimes we need a power piece — a big gemstone that screams “strength!” And no stone does that better than a magnificent turquoise.
So today, the team at Victoria Marie Jewelers is here to help you pick your power piece.
Turquoise: The Ancient Gemstone Of Strength
Turquoise is one of the world’s oldest gemstones. Our ancestors used it to decorate their most respected leaders and their belongings for thousands of years!
We love turquoise because:
- It looks great in white metals or yellow gold.
- Every piece of turquoise is unique.
- Colors range from pale blue, to rich robin egg blue, to greenish oceanic hues. So there’s always a variety from which to choose.
And finally, everyone can afford to own a special piece. With a price per carat ranging from $0.50 to $1,000.00 per carat for the finest material, everyone can get their hands on a piece that suits their budget.
What To Look For In Turquoise Jewelry
Unlike diamonds, which have a defined grading system set forth by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), your choice in turquoise will be mostly personal opinion. So pick a piece that speaks to you. Beyond that, here are some key points, per the GIA.
- Even, intense, medium blue — called “sky blue” or “robins egg” — are the most prized colors.
- Paler blues, green or greenish-blue stones are less valuable (but still gorgeous.)
- The spiderweb of host rock — those brown lines across a stone — is called the “matrix.”
- The most prized turquoise stones will not display a matrix.
- But matrixed stones can be stunning. They have a lot of character.
The only thing to avoid is composition material. Buy whole stones, not conglomerates loose bits that are pressed together, treated and dyed.
What if you don’t like turquoise? We’re glad you asked! Other gemstones represent strength, too.
Other Gems That Represent Strength
Other gemstones that represent strength include:
- Onyx, which means inner strength and willpower
- Amethyst for spiritual strength and inner peace
And Lapis Lazuli, which has represented royalty and social status since the days of Cleopatra.
If you’re ready to select your power piece, contact us. We’re here to help.